For our Campaign Coordinators
“Alone we can do so little;
Together we can do so much.”
Because of you, a single mother has peace of mind and her children are getting the academic attention they need. Read their story here.
2016 CAMPAIGN UPDATE
IT’S HERE! It’s campaign time and our Kickoff is this week! If your company or organization has a team in the cardboard boat race then come out to cheer them on. If you want to see what all the excitement is about then come out the Urban Fishery at the Cascades Park this Friday. Cardboard boat racing starts at 4 PM.
We’ve had a very busy few weeks with campaign presentations at public schools across Jackson County and MACI. We’ll be seeing many of our friends in the coming weeks at Consumers Energy and Meijer. Contact Beth Shafer or Marc Daly if you would like to schedule presentations at your work place. We can help you plan all aspects of your campaign.
ECC TIP OF THE MONTH
Best Practices! There are 4 key element to a successful workplace campaign.
- Presentations – an opportunity for us to talk about our success and our future. Campaigns where we are invited to speak are more successful.
- Materials – Hand out pledge forms as soon as your campaign bag arrives. Place handouts and posters in a visible location.
- Endorsement – High level support from your organization goes a long way. Ask your CEO or VP to explain to your coworkers why giving to United Way of Jackson County is important to them.
- Incentives – Whether it’s a chance to win a little something or competition between departments, incentives are a fun element to any campaign. Click here for ideas.
- Engagement – Previously we discussed sharing “Stories of IMPACT” with your coworkers. While visiting MACI last week I saw an outstanding example of how to do that. Take a look at their newsletter the COMPressor.
Our goal is to inform you of campaign materials and information that is always available for you to read and share online. Everything you need to run your campaign is on our website. All you have to do is click here for posters, videos, handouts, pledge forms and more.
09/09 (Fri) 2:30 PM Rotary Band shell at the Cascades Park. Campaign Preview for Individuals and Retirees. Music, Campaign information and a chance to win great prizes.
09/09 (Fri) 4:00 PM Campaign Kickoff in the Urban Fishery at Cascades Park. What Floats Your Cardboard Boat? Race! Click here for more details.
10/27 (Thu) 5:30 PM Have your campaign envelopes turned in by this date to be eligible to win a $100 Visa gift card.
11/04 (Fri) Save the date! The Women’s Leadership Council presents Power of the Purse at the Country Club of Jackson. More details to come.
Complete United Way of Jackson County Calendar of Events is available on our homepage.
Again, thank you for everything you do.
Marc W. Daly